BUG #16427: pgsql_tmp - temp files not released

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: murali(dot)natti(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #16427: pgsql_tmp - temp files not released
Date: 2020-05-10 00:44:18
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16427
Logged by: Murali Natti
Email address: murali(dot)natti(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 10.5
Operating system: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.10 (Sant

Hello Team,

We have observed a bug ( I guess ) that temporary files were not deleted
automatically even thought the respective PIDs are not running anymore.

We couldn't take a chance to delete files manually so ended up with
restarting database to clear temp files.

Is this know bug, what could be the reason for this? Can anyone please let
us know?

Thanks,
Murali