BUG #16412: Make postgres rpm repository and packages compatible with new modular package system

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: zdm(at)softvisio(dot)net
Subject: BUG #16412: Make postgres rpm repository and packages compatible with new modular package system
Date: 2020-05-03 02:12:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16412
Logged by: Dmytro
Email address: zdm(at)softvisio(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 12.2
Operating system: Linux, Centos 8

Hi.
I am unable to setup automated rpm build for postgres extensions on fedora
copr, because unable to install postgresql12-devel package in chroot
environment (where i have no permissions to modify dnf configuration and
execute "sudo dnf -qy module disable postgresql").

Could you please make your repo and packages compatible with the modular
system? Seems, that this is not hard at all,
Here are some references:
https://dnf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/modularity.html

All you need - is to create proper modulemd file and place it to the repo
root.