Perl, Postgres, Web !!!

From: Saeid(dot)Sadeghi(at)unilever(dot)com (Telephone VdB Foods Ltd)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Perl, Postgres, Web !!!
Date: 1998-08-24 08:27:06
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi Everyone,

The question has probably been asked a few times before. Please accept
my aplologies for not noticing that.

Here is my story as a new user of postgres. I am connecting to
postgres using perl and my interface is web. Things do not work and I
feel that something to do with permission is causing this.

I have check the web / CGI script. a simple perl script works fine as
long as I have nothing to do with postgres. I have a perl script which
does a simple query on a table as "www" user which exiasts in the
database. This is the user the web server runs the CGI as.

The script seems to run, but it never seems to come up with results.
Netscape calims it is loading / transfering data.

I tested the same perl script as the user "www" on command line and
everything works fine.

I even thought this might have something to do with host
authentication nad I tried it with netscape fromt the local host as
well as a remote one.

I even removed all host authentication to test things in pg_hba.conf
like:

host all 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 trust

What is going on? Please someone send me some mail, some clues, some
flame! , etc.

Many thanks for help in advance.
Saeid.