What Technology 98 ?????

From: Saeid(dot)Sadeghi(at)unilever(dot)com (Telephone VdB Foods Ltd)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What Technology 98 ?????
Date: 1998-07-16 12:34:21
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Guys,

Can I have a definitive answer to this. I have had a number different
replies. Please let me know from your own experiences.

It is definitely very costly if for every request a server has to
spanw a new process. This I have been told can be resolved by sing
apache and loading the modeule at the startup. Unfortunately I use the
sun web server which will not load perl modules at startup. I am
planning to get a copy of source compiled and have a go. My own
preference would probably be to write small pieces of c code ( Shared
object with small footprint ) and try a bench mark. Perl is easier in
development terms however, it might not be as effiecient.

No ofense, Please do not reply unless you have some facts! Unless you
purposely want to cause me pain!

Many thanks to all who replied and to all who will.

Someone mentioned Server side java, Is this a fact? I would like to
here nore about this, compare with C, CGI, perl , etc performance
wise.

Saeid.