Re: high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights

From: Lew <lew(at)lwsc(dot)ehost-services(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights
Date: 2007-12-29 07:21:22
Lists: pgsql-admin
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> I find it ever interesting
> that we continue to warn poor folks that have zero control from their
> corporate overlords about the stupid legal communications policies they
> have in place.
>
> Every single one of the people that gets reminded of this is going to
> respond, "Yes, I know... but it is out of my hands." So why do we
> continue to beat the cat? It's dead.
>
>> disable it for sending to the list, that'd be good.  (If you can get your
>> legal department to understand why it's bad to append such things in a
>> public posting, even better.)
>
> What needs to happen (and I believe has on -patches) is that the
> subscription notice to all members needs to read that all
> confidentiality and legal notices will be ignored as this is an open forum.
>
> Secondly, people need to leave the poor guys alone that have no choice
> but to send email with that footer. These "notices" are going to
> continue and they are going to get ever more popular, especially as our
> Win32/MS market share increases.

The benefit of all these auto-generated confidentiality notices to public
boards is that they open up the corporate information they ostensibly protect.
  We should encourage all companies to use them, so that they invalidate all
their confidentiality markups and are forced to reveal all their secrets to
the world.  This will benefit the free and open interchange of information.

--
Lew