Error in Makefile

From: Ferruccio Zamuner <solo3(at)chierinet(dot)it>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Error in Makefile
Date: 1999-08-25 00:23:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

I've found an error during the compilation of PostgreSQL 6.5 and PostgreSQL
6.5.1.
If I give the option for include TCL support, the compilation is interrupted
with following error:

ld -shared -x -soname -o pltcl.so pltcl.o -L/usr/local/lib -ltcl80
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open pltcl.so: No such file or directory
gmake[2]: *** [pltcl.so] Error 1

I've fixed it quickly by hand changing the argument order of this comand,
in following manner:

$ cd pl/tcp
$ ld -shared -x -soname pltcl.o -o pltcl.so -L/usr/local/lib -ltcl80

Some info about my system: FreeBSD 3.0 stable and every tools (gcc,
ld, gmake, flex, ...) is the standard given with this distribution.

Bye, \fer