Re: State of RPMs

From: teg(at)redhat(dot)com (Trond Eivind=?iso-8859-1?q?_Glomsr=F8d?=)
To: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: Hackers List <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Subject: Re: State of RPMs
Date: 2000-07-23 23:51:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:

> > > Lamar et al: what is the current state of the posted (and upcoming)
> > > RPMs? Did the Mandrake stuff get integrated into The One True SpecFile
> > > (modulo the .bz input files)?
> > They claim they are compatible with Red Hat Linux, so there shouldn't
> > be any problems.
> Hi Trond. There were a few issues on .bz2 vs .gz vs ?? for man pages and
> input files

No reason to touch those: If no tar.bz2 sources are available from, it shouldn't be used. Simple enough. If tar.bz2
sources show up, we would be happy to use them.

Bzipping of man pages is useless - and the way to handle it would be
by not compressing at all in the specfile, as you can then handle it
with an RPM build policy.

Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.