Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98

From: Jamie Walker <jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: IpcMemoryDetach fails under Cygwin on Win98
Date: 2001-02-04 22:22:39
Lists: pgsql-ports

In article <200102042141(dot)QAA14198(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian
<pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes
>> Is there any reason why the FAQ suggests that it will only work on NT
>> and not on Win98?
>
>Did you read all of the FAQ?
>
> The database server does not run on MS Windows
> 9X because Cygwin does not support the required features on those
> platforms. We have no plan to do a native port to any Microsoft
> platform.
I only read the platform specific FAQ, but I remember reading the above
a while back.

My point was, it seems to run quite well under Win98 on my PC. Which is
great cause I can shove it on the laptop and take it on holiday with me
to play with! :)
--
Jamie Walker "My dear boy, forget about the motivation.
jamie(at)sagaxis(dot)co(dot)uk Just say the lines and don't trip over the