Re: Re: The new, the improved ... FTS Searching of Mailing List Archives

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Lincoln Yeoh <lyeoh(at)pop(dot)jaring(dot)my>, The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
Date: 2001-05-03 14:55:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > I hope FTS for postgresql doesn't start looking like Oracle's
> > Context/Intermedia... Proprietary interfaces == "lock in" == "ick".
> > </featurerequest>
>
> This is what I was hoping... Something to make it automatic.

Well, I would love to see full text indexing with some understanding of the
language in question as well - I believe this is what Oracles product is
about and not just simple regexp matching. I want to be able to do regexps,
synonyms, soundex, etc. And I guess there is no standard for specifying
these different kind of searches.

regards,

Gunnar