Re: jdbc driver: Why it isn't jdbcCompliant?

From: Gunnar R|nning <gunnar(at)candleweb(dot)no>
To: Janossy Gergely <gjano(at)freemail(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: jdbc driver: Why it isn't jdbcCompliant?
Date: 2000-05-28 10:42:03
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Janossy Gergely <gjano(at)freemail(dot)hu> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using Sun JDK 1.2.2 and tried to use the pgsql interface with postgresql
> 6.x and 7.0 as well. I couldn't use any of the interfaces because
> the method Driver.jdbcCompliant() is always false. Even with mysql driver.

Hi Janossy,

I guess this only means that the driver doesn't implement all the
interfaces according to the JDBC specification. But it works fine for most
applications as long you not are depending on esoteric(or special)
features. In fact I'm very satisfied with it for an JDBC based web application
I ported this week to PostgreSQL. I'm also running Sun JDK 1.2.2 as you do.

regards,
	Gunnar