Superuser lacking privs

From: Jorge Torralba <jorge(dot)torralba(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Superuser lacking privs
Date: 2010-05-05 23:26:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

I am new to Postgres coming from a background in SQL Server, Informix, MySQL
and Oracle. However, I am a little confused right now and maybe someone can
answer this.

Typically a super user such as SA, mysql, Informix etc … has rights to all
objects in any database. However, we have a database owned by a user
(otheruser) and if I log in as superuser postgres and connect to the
database in question I cannot see any objects. What am I missing here?

I am logging in then issuing \c dbname

Here are the entries for roles

List of roles

Role name | Superuser | Create role | Create DB | Connections | Member of

------------+-----------+-------------+-----------+-------------+------------

postgres | yes | yes | yes | no limit | {}

otheruser | no | no | no | no limit |
{siteadmins}

siteadmins | no | no | no | no limit | {}

Thanks for any feedback.

JT

--
Thanks,

Jorge Torralba

Note: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print,
copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please
indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error and delete
the copy you received. Thank You.