Re: Acucobol, ODBC and Postgres

From: Jonathan Foy <thefoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Acucobol, ODBC and Postgres
Date: 2010-04-07 21:05:16
Lists: pgsql-odbc
I'm using (or think I am) the latest psqlODBC download from the postgresql
website.  8.04.0200.  It was compiled and then linked into runcbl via the
ACUSQL_ODBC_LIB variable, which then gets passed up the chain, in the
Makefile (for runcbl).  Is this not the correct way to do it?

I'm under the impression that I'm bypassing unixODBC, but I am fairly new
with this (cobol/odbc).  So I could be wrong.

ODBCng is no longer being developed, I'm not sure that that's the route I
want to take for the future.  And convincing Higher Ups to go the commercial
route would be difficult...