[ANN] Socket-level interface for scsh available

From: Eric Marsden <emarsden(at)mail(dot)dotcom(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: [ANN] Socket-level interface for scsh available
Date: 1999-02-17 13:17:11
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
I have written a socket-level interface to PostgreSQL for scsh (a
Scheme implementation with POSIX extensions, a module system,
exception handling and other useful features for systems programming).
The module is capable of type coercions from a range of SQL types to
the equivalent Scheme type. It currently supports neither crypt or
Kerberos authentication, nor large objects.

Unfortunately I implemented the v6.3 protocol, but I will update it
for v6.4 shortly. Please send bug reports, suggestions and questions to
<emarsden(at)mail(dot)dotcom(dot)fr>. This is version 0.1, the first release.
The code is available under LGPL from

Here is a taste of the API:
 (define (demo)
    (let* ((conn (pg:connect "template1" "postgres" "postgres"))
           (res (pg:exec conn "SELECT * from scshdemo WHERE a = 42")))
      (format #t "status is ~s~%"   (pg:result res 'status))
      (format #t "metadata is ~s~%" (pg:result res 'attributes))
      (format #t "data is ~s~%"     (pg:result res 'tuples))
      (pg:disconnect conn)))

[More information about scsh at <URL:>,
 and about Scheme at <URL:>. I also have a
 version for CLISP, a space-efficient implementation of Common Lisp,
 in the works, and am thinking about a version for Emacs.]

Eric Marsden
emarsden @
It's elephants all the way down

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: James ThompsonDate: 1999-02-17 13:36:15