Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Gevik Babakhani" <gevik(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
Subject: Re: Proposal for building knowledgebase website.
Date: 2005-06-08 16:56:29
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus,

> I will scream this until my throat is sore - if at all possible, can
> we
> please at least try to keep things on the same site, and not create
> yet
> another one? Please?

Oh, just a *little* web site? Please? ;-)

> This can all be done that way. I'm unsure wether you can just plug in
> an
> existing CMS, but you can certainly steal code from it and push it
> into
> the framework we have.

Actually, I believe that Gavin make Framewerk compatible with
Postgresql.org XML-CSS. So it ought to be integratable. Any
searchable knowledgebase will have to be "seperate" on the backend
though so that it can be dynamically searchable.

BTW, the other thing that this KB will need to incorporate is the
existing FAQs. Which means that it also needs to be fully
multi-lingual.

--Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 752-2500
for law firms, small businesses fax 752-2387