Kudos, Sponsors, Comments

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Kudos, Sponsors, Comments
Date: 2004-12-23 22:23:13
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-www
Folks:

First off, a message from John Koenig, co-leader of SDForum's Open
Source series:

> > The new web site looks fantastic.  Nice job.

I'd have to echo that; the new website is a world-and-a-half
improvement and it's great that it's finally up.  Even with a few
technical issues.

Second, please take a moment to check out:
http://www.postgresql.org/about/sponsors

1) I'd like to change this from "sponsors" to "corporate contributors".
 Sponsors implies money and we want to list code contributors as well
-- if not primarily.   We can keep the URL of the page, just change the
title.

2) Can we put the following text at the top:
"Below are a few of the corporate contributors to the PostgreSQL
Project.  In January, we will be assembling a more complete list of
companies who have made significant contributions of code and
resources."
The current page has the implication that the 5 listed are *all* of our
contributors, which is really unfair to CMD, Fujitsu, Vale Housing,
etc.

3) The "sponsor the project" link takes you back to the PostgreSQL.org
home page.   Can we just not use it for now?

Third and finally, is it really necessary to copy all of the comments
to this list?   I can put a filter on them, but it seems like
unnecessary traffic.  Isn't there a better way to deal with these?

--Josh Berkus

pgsql-www by date