Re: Press Release -- Just Waiting for Tom

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, greg(at)turnstep(dot)com
Subject: Re: Press Release -- Just Waiting for Tom
Date: 2002-11-19 16:50:28
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Robert, Marc,

> > >  done. not to sound americentric, but do we think it might be a
> problem
> > > that we don't have anyone from the US in our contacts list?
> >
> > No, why?
>
> :-) It just seemed odd to me (that's my americentric side kicking in)
> but I couldn't come up with any actual reasons myself.

We do need to have someone in North America, but as long at they're in
the +1 world zone, we can field press calls.   So we do.

> > >  I was thinking of just writing in "Tom Lane could not be reached
> in
> > > time for this release, but a spokesperson for the core group said
> that
> > > "the source code pretty much speaks for itself"... :-)
> >
> > I talked to Tom about a quote today, and he couldn't think of a
> thing to
> > say ... anyone wanna thing of a good quote that I can just agree to
> and
> > you can attribute it to me?

I'll do an open solicitation on Hackers.   In case we don't get
anything, my suggestion is:

"This version has a lot of features that PostgreSQL users have been
asking for all year.   Since we have so many great contributors now, we
may be able  to wipe out our ToDo list in the next year."

... or something of the sort.

-Josh Berkus

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com