Re: datediff?

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Erwin Moller <erwin(at)dexus(dot)nl>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: datediff?
Date: 2002-10-27 18:23:21
Lists: pgsql-sql

Erwin,

> I read your FAQ: Working with Dates and Times in PostgreSQL with
> interest
> and was wondering if somebody came up with those datediff and dateadd
> functions?
> I couldn't find any at techdocs.postgresql.org.

I know somebody worked on one. I take it you read the articles on SQL
Server ---> PostgreSQL conversion?

The problem, as I recall, was one of quoted identifiers. That is, for
datediff, you do:

DATEDIFF ( m, date1, date2 )

whereas a postgresql function would have to say

DATEDIFF ( 'm', date1, date2 )

I don't know if anyone ever worked out a way around this minor problem.

-Josh