Re: information

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Mattia Boccia <ironwallaby(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: information
Date: 2002-10-18 05:20:33
Lists: pgsql-novice

Tom,

> Josh, surely you know better than that. PG is not restricted by OS
> limitations on individual file size, because it automatically
> segments
> tables into multiple OS files.

Actually, I didn't know. When did you add that? Dammit, you
programmer-types keep writing stuff too fast for me to keep up. <grin>

And what on *earth* would someone store in a 3GB table? Heck, I don't
think I even have a 3GB *database* in production; the 3million-record
one I use in my column was only a few hundred megabytes.

-Josh Berkus