Re: Praise from Bloomberg

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Praise from Bloomberg
Date: 2002-10-18 05:13:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Neil,

> Not to further kick a dead horse, but this is more anecdotal evidence
> that our name is not helping us with product recognition...

I don't think that's worth worrying about. I was Marketing Lead for
OpenOffice.org for a year, during which we were called "Open Office" in
the press about 1600 times. Ultimately, any name is what you make of
it. I don't mind reporters calling us "Postgres", or even "Postgre",
as long as they do it frequently. <grin>

-Josh