Re: information

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Mattia Boccia <ironwallaby(at)yahoo(dot)com>,pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: information
Date: 2002-10-17 16:12:18
Lists: pgsql-novice
Mattia,

>  I'd like to know, if it's possible, which ODBC
>  standard does postsgres support

That depends on the host Operating System.   Drivers/source are
available for current versions of MS ODBC, unixODBC, and iODBC.

> and where i could
>  find the complete text of ANSI SQL-92 and ANSI
>  SQL-99.

http://www.ansi.org
Or, better, buy a copy of C.J. Date's "A guide to the SQL Standard."
book.

>  In the FAQ page i found that the maximum size for a
>  row? is 1.6TB and i'd like to know what exactly
>  they mean with "row".

Um, the definition of "row" in a database is unambiguous.   One row =
One Tuple.   I can't make it any clearer than that.

FYI, most operating systems limit single files to 2GB or less.  As
such, no table -- and thus no row -- in a Postgres database running on
that operating system can be larger than 2GB.   But it's hard for me to
imagine a row that is even 1MB, let alone 2GB, so I don't think you
need to worry.

>  Do u know about any applications realized with
>  Postgres and still working that i could cite to
>  demostrate his reliability?

See http://advocacy.postgresql.org/

I believe that their is an Italian version of that page, as well.

-Josh Berkus