Re: information

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Mattia Boccia <ironwallaby(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: information
Date: 2002-10-17 16:12:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

Mattia,

> I'd like to know, if it's possible, which ODBC
> standard does postsgres support

That depends on the host Operating System. Drivers/source are
available for current versions of MS ODBC, unixODBC, and iODBC.

> and where i could
> find the complete text of ANSI SQL-92 and ANSI
> SQL-99.

http://www.ansi.org
Or, better, buy a copy of C.J. Date's "A guide to the SQL Standard."
book.

> In the FAQ page i found that the maximum size for a
> row? is 1.6TB and i'd like to know what exactly
> they mean with "row".

Um, the definition of "row" in a database is unambiguous. One row =
One Tuple. I can't make it any clearer than that.

FYI, most operating systems limit single files to 2GB or less. As
such, no table -- and thus no row -- in a Postgres database running on
that operating system can be larger than 2GB. But it's hard for me to
imagine a row that is even 1MB, let alone 2GB, so I don't think you
need to worry.

> Do u know about any applications realized with
> Postgres and still working that i could cite to
> demostrate his reliability?

See http://advocacy.postgresql.org/

I believe that their is an Italian version of that page, as well.

-Josh Berkus