Re: HELP!!!

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Brendon Matthews" <brendonm(at)bbtechltd(dot)com>,<pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: HELP!!!
Date: 2002-09-16 15:58:34
Lists: pgsql-novice
Brendon,

> Now every time i attempt an UPDATE on the database it comes back with
> the
> same error.
> I can still do SELECT statements on the database with no problems.

Sounds to me like you're out of disk space on the partition which
contains the transaction logs, database, and/or the WAL files.

1) Check your available disk space on all partitions.
2) If you have disk space available, check your permissions; if someone
set the pgsql/data/logs/ directory to root-only, you're going to see
problems.
3) if that doesn't do it, watch the postgresql error log (you do have
one, yes?) carefully when the error happens.   It may give you more
data, especially if you raise the debug level and restart the database.

-Josh Berkus