Re: Requests for Development

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: sqllist <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Requests for Development
Date: 2000-11-17 15:40:22
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

Jan,

> To put the ball back into your yard, I'd like to
> make a
> request too. There seem to be alot people using
> PL/pgSQL
> and/or PL/Tcl extensively. OTOH there are newbies
> again and
> again asking for a good tutorial, programming
> examples and so
> on. Writing a good tutorial doesn't require a good
> backend
> developer, IMHO an experienced SQL-programmer
> would be the
> better guy anyway. During the past 4 years I've
> heard over
> and over that people would like to contribute their
> $0.05 if
> they only could code in C. That's an area where
> nobody needs
> any C experience.

Point taken. Hmmm... when we finish the current project, I
ought to have more than a few dozen PL/PGSQL functions as
examples. I can definitely talk to my help writer about
dressing those up into an educational "chapter". It'll cost
me a little more than $0.05, but is only my fair
contribution. Look for something in february-march.

-Josh Berkus