Re: [CORE] Finally, the end of a nightmare ...

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>,Marc G(dot) Fournier <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Finally, the end of a nightmare ...
Date: 2006-09-06 18:11:36
Lists: pgsql-www

All,

> http://gforge.org/
>
> http://gforge.org/frs/download.php/219/gforge-4.5.11.tar.bz2 being
> the latest release, still has COPYING which says it's a GNU licensed
> package.

Oh, I didn't realize this was public yet. Tim Perdue had let me know
confidentially what he was planning to do with the next version of GF,
now being called GF Advanced. The basic issue is that he wants to
make some money (imagine that) and isn't very good at managing
corporate sponsorships. Hence, the fork for license revenue.

The version we use is unaffected. For that matter, Tim would happily
give us a free perpetual license for GF advanced if we wanted it. It's
a complete refactor of the code base. GF-GPL, with security patches,
will continue to exist but don't expect it to advance much.

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun
San Francisco 415-752-2500