Re: Experimental patch for inter-page delay in VACUUM

From: "Stephen" <jleelim(at)xxxxxx(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Experimental patch for inter-page delay in VACUUM
Date: 2003-10-31 16:11:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Great! I haven't tried it yet, but I love the thought of it already :-)
I've been waiting for something like this for the past 2 years and now it's
going to make my multi-gigabyte PostgreSQL more usable and responsive. Will
the delay be tunable per VACUUM invocation? This is needed for different
tables that require different VACUUM priorities (eg. For small tables that
are rarely used, I rather vacuum with zero delay. For big tables, I'd set a
reasonable delay in vacuum and let it run through the day & nite).

Regards,

Stephen