Re: Board nominations

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>, pgeu-general <pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Board nominations
Date: 2010-05-03 07:56:44
Lists: pgeu-general
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 09:22, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Gabriele Bartolini
> <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum ha scritto:
>>> I haven't found an "accepted" mail from Gabriele Bartolini in my inbox and
>>> in the mailinglist archive.
>> I do not know why the reply button to Matteo's email did not send it to the
>> list as well. I have forwarded the email I sent immediately after my
>> nomination.
> So what's the correct thing to do here? Do we accept nomination
> acceptances after the nomination deadline, but before the deadline for
> submitting manifestos? It seems like that might be OK, as you could
> argue that it's valid for someone to be nominated just before midnight
> on the last day.

The correct thing to do is to post the list of candidates when it's
ready, which is a week from now, not today. :P According to the
timeline, candidates have another week to submit their presentations.

However, it's pretty clear in the rules that the acceptance has to
happen *before* the end of the nomination period. I can confirm that I
have spoken to Gabriele and knew he accepted his nomination. If Matteo
can also confirm that he received that email, I don't see a problem
accepting this candidacy.

 Magnus Hagander