Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe

From: Krzysztof Kardas <krzychk2(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL with Zabbix - problem of newbe
Date: 2010-04-14 13:21:41
Lists: pgsql-performance
Hi all.

Well I have used all Your recomendations but I still have no luck with
performance tunning. The machine has a moments thas was utilized in
100%. The problem was I/O on disks. CPU's were busy on system

I have started again to look of I/O performance tunning and I have changed a

synchronous_commit = off

Ofcourse with risk that if there will be a power failure I will lose
some data. But this is acceptable.

This caused a monumental performance jump. From a machine that is
utilized on 100%, machine is now sleeping and doing nothing. I have
executed some sqls on huge tables like history and all has executed
like lightning. Comparing to MySQL, PostgreSQL in this configuration
is about 30 - 40% faster in serving data. Housekeeper is about 2 to 3
times faster!!!!

Many thanks to all helpers and all PostgreSQL team.

Krzysztof Kardas