Re: recovery configuration parameters

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: recovery configuration parameters
Date: 2010-04-28 02:16:43
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:52 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Fujii Masao wrote:
>> While the server configuration parameters are listed in
>> the index page, why not the recovery ones? It's very
>> inconvenient to be unable to reach the document of them
>> immediately when setting up the standby server.
>> How about listing the recovery configuration parameters
>> in the index page?
> Agreed. This patch should do it.

Which patch?

> PS. I just noticed that the links in the index for GUCs take you to the
> section in the manual, not directly to the parameter. For example, when
> you click on the index term for "max_connections", it takes you to
> section "18.3.1 Connection Settings" (the link points to
> which begins with listen_addresses. max_connections is there a few
> paragraphs down, but I would've expected the link to point directly to
> description of the parameter.

I think that such a direct link is useful, but I'm not sure how.
Though I added the "zone" attribute into the "indexterm" tag for
"max_connections" as a trial, I was not able to get the expected

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center