SQL Error Code Anomaly

From: "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: SQL Error Code Anomaly
Date: 2012-07-10 09:36:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

During my work on the binary stream patch, I came across this:

The error code PSQLState.NUMERIC_CONSTANT_OUT_OF_RANGE = 42820 is not
defined in

  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/errcodes-appendix.html

Is this a concern?  Is there a list of error codes defined by the JDBC
driver somewhere?  I did not see anything at first glance.

I did not come across 42820 in the SQL standard either.  Only that 42xxx
is _syntax error or access rule violation_.

A simple shell one liner shows these error codes used by the JDBC driver
but not documented in Postgres:

0100E
07006
08S01
42820
42821
60000
99999

I have not investigated this further.

--
   Johann Oskarsson                http://www.2ndquadrant.com/    |[]
   PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services  --+--

   Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: dmpDate: 2012-07-11 01:21:36