Re: Bug: Unreferenced temp tables disables vacuum to update xid

From: Andrew - Supernews <andrew+nonews(at)supernews(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug: Unreferenced temp tables disables vacuum to update xid
Date: 2008-01-07 23:13:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2008-01-07, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> The real question that Josh's report brings up to me is why the heck was
> there an orphaned temp table? Especially if it was only a toast table
> and not the linked "regular" temp table? Something happened there that
> should not have.

The regular table was there too, but the regular table's relfrozenxid
was apparently recent, only the toast table's was old:

> pg_toast_49013869 | 2146491285
[...]
> SELECT oid::regclass FROM pg_class WHERE
> reltoastrelid='pg_toast.pg_toast_49013869'::regclass;
>
> oid | pg_temp_24.tmp_isp_blk_chk

The regular table had not shown up on a query of age(relfrozenxid) WHERE
relkind='r' but the toast table showed up on a similar query with WHERE
relkind='t'.

--
Andrew, Supernews