RE: Problems with getting the postmaster to startup with -ioption.

From: "Eric Naujock " <naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com>
To: <cmulcahy(at)cmulcahy(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: RE: Problems with getting the postmaster to startup with -ioption.
Date: 2001-05-17 15:24:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thanks that tip pointed me in the right direction.

I had to add the following line to the startup script in the inet.d folder.

-o '-i'

was added to the startup line with the "pg_sql start" command. Note the single quotes around the -i are needed. The docs show double quotes but since the script uses them you can't use double quotes.

Also you have to add them in with the -o option since the startup script uses pg_ctl to start up postgresql. At least the 7.1 version.

>>> "Chris Mulcahy" <cmulcahy(at)cmulcahy(dot)com> 05/17/01 10:09AM >>>
Eric:

Try putting the -i (lowercase) into the startup file. You can also specify
the -p PORT option should you want to change from the default 5432.

The postmaster.opts file is just listing the options that were used to start
the currently running postmaster. It is not intended to set options, but
instead just information about the options used.

Try editing the /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql file instead.

Good luck.
Chris Mulcahy
(Formerly from the Toledo area and
worked with you on several occasions)