Problems with getting the postmaster to startup with -ioption.

From: "Eric Naujock " <naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problems with getting the postmaster to startup with -ioption.
Date: 2001-05-17 13:28:21
Lists: pgsql-novice
I am using the redhat RPM installation of postgresql. I would like to be able to use some of the IP based management tools to work with the database and to do this I need the IP options working.

How do I get the redhat RPM installation to start up in TCP/IP mode. I have tried to add the -I 5432 to the postmaster.opts file but the database keeps reverting the file back to its old version without the -I option.

Eric Naujock  CCNA, CCDA, A+, Network +, I-Net +
Abacus II
5610 Monroe St.
Sylvania, Ohio 43560
<http://www.abacusii.com>
E-mail - naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com
Phone - 419-885-0082  X 241
Fax : 419-885-2717
AOL IM: erlic

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Chris MulcahyDate: 2001-05-17 14:09:03
Subject: Re: Problem compiling PostgreSQL 7.1.1 on SUSE Linux 7.1