Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: canceling query due
Date: 2005-08-19 17:31:24
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
So you would add a variable to the statement class to save to when the set method is invoked, return this value from the get method, and when an execute method is invoked, if the value is non-zero, you would bracket what is currently sent to the server with a SET to the non-zero value and back to zero (in a finally clause)?

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> I'm curious whether "SET statement_timeout=n" sets this for a
> connection.  If so, wouldn't it be a good thing to update the JDBC
> setQueryTimeout and getQueryTimeout methods to use these SET and SHOW
> statements?

Yes, it sets it per connection, but the problem is that the JDBC level
needs it per Statement.  So we'd have to set/reset it for each command.
I was originally concerned about thread safety and transactions, but
thinking about it some more now the monitor around QueryExecutorImpl
should protect against that.  Maybe this is easier than I thought.

Kris Jurka

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2005-08-19 17:33:50