Re: [SPAM]Re: Questions about 9.0 release note

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Takahiro Itagaki <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SPAM]Re: Questions about 9.0 release note
Date: 2010-03-31 16:50:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 2:56 AM, Takahiro Itagaki
<itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp> wrote:

> "Robert Haas" <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> > * (seq_page_cost/(random_page_cost))
>> > * EXCLUDE constraints has no tags to be linked.
>> > * "EXCLUDE constraints" is not indexed from the Index page.
>
>> CREATE TABLE ... CONSTRAINT ... EXCLUDE rather than CREATE TABLE
>> CONSTRAINT ... EXCLUDE.
>
> Here is a patch to fix the documentation.
>
> For exclusion constraints, I added a tag "SQL-CREATETABLE-exclude"
> to <varlistentry> of EXCLUDE in CREATE TABLE documentation. Also,
> "Exclusion constraints" section is added to the constraints doc.
> But the section is very short and just links to the CREATE TABLE doc.
> We could move some contents from CREATE TABLE to the constraints doc.

This says:

Exclusion constraints ensure that that if any two rows are compared on
the specified column(s) or expression(s) using the specified
operator(s), not all of these comparisons will return
<literal>TRUE</>.

I think that's backwards - the last clause should say "none of those
comparisons will return <literal>TRUE</>".

Unless I'm confused.

...Robert