can't relink from MS access after dropping field

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: can't relink from MS access after dropping field
Date: 2004-12-02 20:45:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc
After dropping a field in a postgres table this morning
(alter table tstudents drop company_id)
I now get an error message from Access when I try to link to that
table:

.........pg.dropped.31........
is not a valid name etc.

In the get external data>link tables>ODBC databases() dialog box the
name of the table looks normal: public_tstudents

using ocbc driver 7.2.5.0

I am hoping that after vacuum runs tonight the problem will go away; in
the meantime I will use a backup copy of my access app which has the
original link intact and still works.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Fred Parkinson
Association of Bay Area Governments

pgsql-odbc by date

Previous:From: Shachar ShemeshDate: 2004-12-01 18:15:00
Subject: Re: ODBC driver for Windows & future...