Re: Any W2K issues around odbc driver install?

From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Any W2K issues around odbc driver install?
Date: 2004-04-29 15:22:54
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Postgres ODBC logging is hard coded to C: drive, but the Win2K box has no C:, is there any way to request logginh to another drive letter?

--- Fred Parkinson <FredP(at)abag(dot)ca(dot)gov> wrote:
> Using odbc driver ver 7.02.00.05, I cannot install a
> file dsn on a win2k
> server running metaframe xp.
>
> I get the error "A connection could not be made
> using the file
> datasource parameters entered"

That's not a server error; hard to tell whether it's a
driver error (I don't have the source readily
available to check), or an environment error.

I suggest you turn on logging in your DSN
configuration, and examine the logs to see what is
happening. That will give you some clue about where
the error is happening, at least.

ISTR that there are some issues with using file DSNs
that don't apply to DSNs in general. You may get a
clue about the source of your problem if you research
that.