Setting Auto Vacuum from PGAdmin

From: Feris Thia <milis(dot)database(at)phi-integration(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Setting Auto Vacuum from PGAdmin
Date: 2010-04-18 10:09:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Everyone,

I've just maintain my postgresql server 8.1 which has a database of 470 GB
in size. What I mean by maintenance is to vacuum analyze it. And now it
looks faster to accesss every tables in that database.

What I want to do is to set autovacuum for some of the tables, which
configuration dialog is available in PGAdmin. Does it save to do so ? And is
it permanently configured ? I dare not try it right now before I've got some
advice from experienced administrator.

Thanks,

Feris