Re: pgsql 'prefix' error

From: Harald Fuchs <hari(dot)fuchs(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql 'prefix' error
Date: 2009-11-25 17:54:14
Lists: pgsql-general

In article <87tywid19x(dot)fsf(at)hi-media-techno(dot)com>,
Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com> writes:

> The BTree opclass is not made to resist to overlapping data. Maybe in
> this case though we could say that 12 contains less elements than 1 so
> it's less than 1. Here's a test to redefine the pr_cmp() operator in
> term of that, as a patch against current CVS (which is 1.0.0).

> Can you test with this version and maybe better data set?

Looks good.

> Note that as said earlier the indexing you need to speed up queries is
> the GiST one, but it could be you want the PK constraint noneless.

Indeed - I think it's a good thing to be able to prevent something
like

INSERT INTO myrecords (record) VALUES ('12'), ('12');

Oh, here's another gripe: how about renaming README.txt to README.prefix
and removing TESTS.* from "make install"?