How to create Geo Types from numeric?

From: Klaus <DELTHISvortex25(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to create Geo Types from numeric?
Date: 2005-01-21 17:43:01
Lists: pgsql-novice
Hi!

I'm trying to fill a table which has a polygon-type column from another
table with discrete numeric data. It contains circle descriptions by x,y,r
components in seperate columns.

There is a nice polygon() functions which can estimate circles by
polygons. Another one converts a point and radius to a circle
(circle(point, r)). But with which function may i generate a point from
two discrete coordinates? I imaginge something like that:

 =polygon( circle( point( oldx, oldy ), radius )

But where is the desired point() function?

Thank you very much!
Klaus

pgsql-novice by date

Next:From: Mike DisbrowDate: 2005-01-21 18:05:59