Cannot update PGSQL databes via ODBC

From: Steve Holmes <sholmes(at)primenet(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Cannot update PGSQL databes via ODBC
Date: 2000-05-11 05:14:12
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

When using the latest version of PSQLODBC to connect to a linux
machine running postgresql 6.5.2, I keep getting read-only mode. I
have the privs wide open on the linux side and I even turned off the
read-only flag in the DSN's advanced driver settings. When using VB6
to attempt updating a table, I get the error telling me that update is
not allowed and that select is the only allowed operations. BTW, I
can do a select with it and that part works fine.

I can successfully update these tables just fine over in the linux
side from the same user-id that I connect the ODBC with. The log file
created by the ODBC driver also indicates that read-only is = 1 even
though I have that checkbox unchecked.

I think others have experienced a similar problem but I never could
find any solutions. I posted a message or two recently to this list
but got no responses. Is there anywhere I can turn for help if this
list can't do it?

I really need to figure out something or I will have to set up
microsoft access database and I really don't want to have to go there
if I can help it.:)

Thanks for any help if possible.
--
<Steve> Holmes