Re: Array values and foreign keys

From: Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud <lists(at)boutiquenumerique(dot)com>
To: "Daniel Savard" <dsavard(at)cids(dot)ca>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Array values and foreign keys
Date: 2004-10-27 15:59:46
Lists: pgsql-general

You can't express it directly with a CHECK constraint but you can do this
:

- add CHECK( test_array( yourcolumn )) in your table definition
- create function test_array which takes an array and looks if all its
elements are in your table T2, I do something like comparing the length of
the array to SELECT count(1) FROM T2 WHERE key IN array
You can do it other ways but you'll have to use a function.