Data directory transfert fails between PPC and x86

From: "Olivier Hubaut" <olivier(at)scmbb(dot)ulb(dot)ac(dot)be>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Data directory transfert fails between PPC and x86
Date: 2004-09-21 11:26:21
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I used to make synchrnoistation between data directories with Rsync cause
it's faster when synchronizing offline database than making a dump.

It works really nice between all the PowerPC we used, but it doesn't work
on x86 server (the postmaster refuses to start because the
PG_CONTROL_VERSION is completly different). I think that the problem come
from the endianess of the data structure.

So, my question is, "Is there a way to make it works or am I obiged to use
dump files?"

--
Downloading signature ... 99%
*CRC FAILED*