Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully

From: "Olivier Hubaut" <olivier(at)scmbb(dot)ulb(dot)ac(dot)be>
To: "bala srini" <bala(dot)srini(at)rediffmail(dot)com>,pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to disconnect client from Server forcefully
Date: 2004-08-20 11:32:58
Lists: pgsql-admin
On 20 Aug 2004 12:05:47 -0000, bala srini <bala(dot)srini(at)rediffmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> Hi
>   I want to disconnect all already established REMOTE DB connections
> from the server without restarting the Postmaster daemon. Requirement is
> that diconnect should be done from the server side. Actually I tried to
> kill the corresponding process(Remote Db connection) in the server. But
> server is automatically respawning the connection. Can you please help
> me out in this?
>
> Regards
> Srini.

In fact, I think it's not the server that respawn the connection but
simply the client that make a new connection when it goes disconnected.
Can't you use any firewall to simply block remote connection on the
postmaster host (or simply on the 5432 port)?

--
Downloading signature ... 99%
*CRC FAILED*