Re: DLL export with mingw-w64: currently a no-op

From: "Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson" <johann(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: DLL export with mingw-w64: currently a no-op
Date: 2011-05-04 23:22:25
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 04 May 2011 15:11:57 -0000, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
wrote:

> On 05/04/2011 01:25 AM, Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson wrote:
>> On Tue, 03 May 2011 12:40:28 -0000, Andrew Dunstan
>> <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
>>
>>> Our Makefiles use dlltool and dllwrap to create DLLs. If you used our
>>> recommended build method pgxs would do lots of the work for you.
>>>

>> "dllwrap is a tool to build DLLs. It seems to be deprecated in favour of
>> gcc -shared option, but some projects still use it. SQLite, for
>> example."
>>
>> Armed with this information, it may be prudent review the DLL build
>> process in PGXS.
>
> OK, but if we want to get rid of using dllwrap we'd need a complete
> patch for it. Just changing the definition of the macro without changing
> the rest isn't going to cut it, I think. But it might well be worth
> doing.

You're right. And now that I know a little bit more about how to build
DLLs
and what's involved I can take a look at this, sometime in the not-too-
distant future.

Until next time, have fun!

--
Johann Oskarsson http://www.2ndquadrant.com/ |[]
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services --+--

Blog: http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/