Re: GUI ERD/ERM tools?

From: "Mark Felder" <feld(at)feld(dot)me>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Lou Picciano" <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
Subject: Re: GUI ERD/ERM tools?
Date: 2010-11-12 16:07:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:40:54 -0600, Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
wrote:

> What tools are each of you using for ERD ERM? pgAmin's Graphical Query
> Builder is helpful, but doesn't address the need.

I'm not a database guru and I'm not 100% clear on "ERD ERM", but I will
try to help anyway :)

I used to work at an Oracle-heavy shop and the preference for the DBAs and
developers was a tool called TOAD. You can find this software at
http://toadworld.com/. It doesn't seem to be well known outside of the
Oracle circles, but if their support for Postgres is half as good as their
support for Oracle I think you would find it to be an amazing tool for
visualizing the database, building queries, etc.

Good luck!

Regards,

Mark