Advice on RAID card

From: PFC <lists(at)boutiquenumerique(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Advice on RAID card
Date: 2005-09-24 08:34:15
Lists: pgsql-performance
	Hello fellow Postgresql'ers.

	I've been stumbled on this RAID card which looks nice. It is a PCI-X SATA
Raid card with 6 channels, and does RAID  0,1,5,10,50.
	It is a HP card with an Adaptec chip on it, and 64 MB cache.

	HP Part # : 372953-B21
	Adaptec Part # : AAR-2610SA/64MB/HP

	There' even a picture :
	http://megbytes.free.fr/Sata/DSC05970.JPG

	I know it isn't as good as a full SCSI system. I just want to know if
some of you have had experiences with these, and if this cards belong to
the "slower than no RAID" camp, like some DELL card we often see mentioned
here, or to the "decent performance for the price" camp. It is to run on a
Linux.

	Thanks in advance for your time and information.