Re: Two points about docs

From: "Vladimir Chukharev" <chu(at)kemia(dot)me(dot)tut(dot)fi>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Two points about docs
Date: 2005-05-11 06:50:10
Lists: pgsql-docs
On Tue, 10 May 2005 04:50:16 +0300, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Vladimir Chukharev wrote:
>> About the link to the lo_* functions. I thought about adding
>> a sentence to Charpter 9 like 'And functions to manipulate large
>> objects are presented in Charpter 28.' right after the phrase
>> 'Users can also define their own functions and operators, as
>> described in Part V.'
>>
>> Do you think it's suitable?
>
> Not really.  We don't mention pg_stat_activity functions either.  I
> think people have to realize that some functions are covered in other
> sections of the manual.  There is a clearly titled section for large
> objeccts.

OK, what about writing down this idea? "Not all functions are listed
in this Chapter, some are in other sections of the manual."

And I still think that an additional Appendix with a list of all
functions and referencies to their descriptions would be very usefull.
Can you comment on that?

Best regards,
--
V.Chukharev