Re: Building PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on Windows with MinGW

From: "VOGLOZIN W(dot) Amenel" <amenel(dot)voglozin(at)univ-nantes(dot)fr>
To: "Simon Dale" <sdale(at)rm(dot)com>, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Building PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on Windows with MinGW
Date: 2006-03-27 12:56:23
Lists: pgsql-ports
I downloaded msys (version 1.0.1), didn't for msysdtk (don't even know
what it is!). I did the same as you for mingw (installer and current set).
The contents of installed.ini in the mingw directory is the following:

Your problem may come from using mingw-make as you wrote below. I remember
that right after the msys install, there's a check or configure script
that says something meaning "it's great that you don't have $$$make".
Which make was it referring to, I don't remember. Check that.
Here is my PATH under msys
Files/Fichiers communs/Adaptec Shared/System:/c/Program

Note that I did the same installation (for mingw and msys) and compilation
procedures on two systems: my laptop w/ WinXP SP2 and my office desktop
machine w/ Win2K Professional. They ran perfectly on both machines.

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:10:14 +0200, Simon Dale <sdale(at)rm(dot)com> wrote:

> i followed the instructions on the mingw web site.
> install mingw (i used the proposed installer and selected to use the
> current set of files)
> install msys (version 1.0.1)
> install msysdtk (version 1.0.1)
> i installed these to c:\mingw and c:\msys\1.0 (the default locations)
> and added the bin subfolder to my path variable (msys first then mingw).
> then i opened cmd and changed directory to the postgres-8.1.3 folder and
> did the following:
> sh configure --without-zlib
> mingw32-make
> the mingw32-make causes the error. the same happens if i try to use make
> from the msys directory
> i've made sure that all the files on the command line exist and that
> awk, gawk, sed and egrep all exist too as these look like the tools
> being used and they all seem fine.
> could you tell me the versions of everything you are using please, and
> also the order they appear in your path.
> many thanks,
> simon

pgsql-ports by date

Next:From: VOGLOZIN W. AmenelDate: 2006-03-27 13:27:58