Re: Fix folder names for alpha/beta source?

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix folder names for alpha/beta source?
Date: 2010-05-05 07:41:23
Lists: pgsql-www
On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 23:45, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> WWW,
>
> Can we rename the folders for the alpha source code to be consistent?
> Or maybe remove them entirely, now that we're in beta?

Is there any reason we want to keep them around for people to be able
to get the older version? IIRC we usually drop the beta versions when
we release, but we do keep old actual releases around for a while. By
that metric we should just delete the alpha folders completely - but
is there a risk we're deleting something useful if we do it this
quickly?

> I've had some complaints from users that they can't find the beta,
> because the alphas are at the top of the list and the beta is at the bottom.

That's what inconsistent directory naming gets you :P

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/