Postgres-XC V.0.9 is now available

From: Koichi Suzuki <koichi(dot)szk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, postgres-xc-announce(at)list(dot)sourceforge(dot)net
Subject: Postgres-XC V.0.9 is now available
Date: 2010-03-31 07:21:22
Lists: pgsql-announcepgsql-cluster-hackers
This is to announce Postgres-XC development team now provides its
first release (0.9) at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/postgres-xc/

Postgres-XC is read/write scalable, synchronous multi-mater cluster of
PostgreSQL.
In the benchmark test, we observed that both read and write operations
scale to 6.4 with ten servers.

Postgres-XC replicate or distribute tables so that each statement can
run in a limited number of servers.   As a whole, transactions can run
in PostgreSQL-XC nodes in parallel to achieve both read/write
scalability.     Global transaction management is provided so that any
update from any master is immediately visible from any other masters.
 You don't have to worry to distinguish read transaction from update
transaction.   You can issue both read/write transaction to any of the
master nodes.

Now we support basic statements only to run simple applications.
For details, please refer to documents in the release material.

Enjoy!
Koichi Suzuki

pgsql-announce by date