Re: PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: a9006241(at)unet(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure
Date: 2003-10-13 16:43:48
Lists: pgadmin-support
(oouppps, I forgot to CC to the list)

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for downloading pgadmin,

this message is typical of a general display problem. I think tha t you may have launched pgadmin from a window where you didn't get right to open any X applications (not only pgadmin3).

Could you please check the following:
- Just enter a new X session and try to launch pgadmin3 (it should work if your environment is correctly set...).
- if the first step does not work can you tell us the result of this:
echo $DISPLAY
- can you also try to do a :
xhost +
(be aware that it is not secure) on your DISPLAY ?

Can you also describe the way you are working on your host to launch pgadmin3 (if there are more than one host, from where you are connecting and such things...).

Regards,
Raphaël