Re: PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: a9006241(at)unet(dot)univie(dot)ac(dot)at
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGAdmin 3 on Debian Testing: Failure
Date: 2003-10-13 16:43:48
Lists: pgadmin-support
(oouppps, I forgot to CC to the list)

Hi Erwin,

Thank you for downloading pgadmin,

this message is typical of a general display problem. I think tha t you may have launched pgadmin from a window where you didn't get right to open any X applications (not only pgadmin3).

Could you please check the following:
- Just enter a new X session and try to launch pgadmin3 (it should work if your environment is correctly set...).
- if the first step does not work can you tell us the result of this:
- can you also try to do a :
xhost +
(be aware that it is not secure) on your DISPLAY ?

Can you also describe the way you are working on your host to launch pgadmin3 (if there are more than one host, from where you are connecting and such things...).